Mac operating system has very advanced features compare to any other OS. Mac OS X includes excellent technology known as “Mac Finder” that can assist you search almost all file and folders on any mounted disk within seconds. Finder allows you to browse various files, apps, data files, images, games, system files, folders in a different ways.
You can use the Finder to customize these items the way you require. You can also use the Finder to search for items, delete files and more.
Instructions to use Mac Finder Search in simple steps:
- Initially, type a single character of the file name in the Search box as shown in the image.
- You can see the list of files starting with character you have typed in search box.
- If you like to change the criteria for one or more of these items, then click on the item in the Sidebar and select “Action Menu” button and then choose “Show Search Criteria”.
- After successful completion of changing the search criteria, click the “Save” button in order to store your folder.
- If you want to find files/items inside the folder or volume then in “Home” folder, open the folder/volume you want to search and type your query in the Search box in that folder’s window.
- In order to find for a specific file by its file name, then choose “File name” from the drop-down list menu.
- Once you find the appropriate file or folder, you can open it by double-clicking from the list.
- You can also start finding by selecting File-> Find (shortcut key: Command + F).
Points to remember when you perform a search on Mac:
- You have a option where to find the file.
- Choose the additional search criteria as well as other attributes such as creation date, modification date, keywords, label, file contents, file size, etc.
- In case, if you want to add another criterion, then simply click om “+” button on the right side of the window.
- You can save the search results by pressing “Save” in order to reuse in the future
- Mac Finder Search helps you to find files faster. But there are different ways of access the functions of Mac Finder Search and Spotlight in the toolbar.