“I have a dead hard drive that had some of my most important files on it. It’s not responding on my computer and I’ve tried all ways to get it back but in vain. Is there something that can be performed on a dead hard drive to get the data that is present on it?”
There’s only one way how you can recover data from a dead hard drive that is, by employing a recovery software for dead hard drive. If you’re wondering how you can go about doing the same, then here’s how you can recover data off a dead hard drive with the help of a hard drive recovery software.
It’s always safe to go with a professional recovery software like the one used in the above video rather than going for a third party app which might cause you to permanently lose data off it. Recovering data from a dead HDD is a highly complicated task that requires a safe procedure for scanning the data, accessing the data and finally recovering data from the dead hard disk.
The entire procedure explained above needs to be performed under safe hands which can be achieved by a certified data recovery software for dead hard drives.
The data on your hard drive is highly precious so it’s advised to have a backup for the same at all times. The data on your hard disk can be lost or deleted by various forces and the worst can happen when the hard disk goes dead.
Causes for Hard Drive to Go Dead:
- Physical damage to your hard drive might result in your hard drive going undetected by your computer.
- Viruses might damage or corrupt your HDD to an extent where it might never be detected by any computer.
- An internal issue might corrupt the file system on it and cause it to go undetected.
When your hard drive goes dead, the first and foremost task is to get a recovery software and retrieve all the data off the drive. In order to perform the same, you need to connect the dead hard drive to a computer that has the above software installed on it and then run the software on the said drive and recover the data off it.
Features of this Dead Hard Drive Recovery Software:
- The software comes with a recovery algorithm that is capable of retrieving files each and every file off a dead hard drive regardless of what caused the fault on the drive.
- It lets you recover and save the recovered data to a folder of your choice.
- Hard drives of all storage sizes and brands are supported by the above shown software.
- The interface is simple and lets you recover files in less time compared to other softwares which might take up to a day to recover your files.
Precautions to Safeguard Hard Drives:
- Make sure you run an anti-virus application on your drive to keep all viruses at bay.
- If you happen to use an external drive then make sure you protect the same from external damages specifically while carrying it around.
- If possible, create a backup for all the data that is present on it and save it on a different drive.